The Pioneer Football League (PFL) will play a conference-only football schedule in 2020, the league announced on Monday.
Several non-conference games involving Pioneer Football League schools had already been canceled due to decisions by other conferences. Additionally, PFL members Davidson and Dayton had already announced they would not play non-conference games this season.
The moves are, of course, due to the ongoing novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, which is slowly chipping away at the 2020 college football season.
The PFL also announced today that if they do play football this season, their conference-only schedule will not begin before Saturday, Sept. 26.
More from the PFL release:
The Council will vigilantly monitor national developments, ensuring the league’s plans continue to be supported by current medical evidence and guidance. It is the Council’s intent to ensure the health and welfare of student-athletes and the communities in which they live.
Below are the non-conference games canceled following today’s announcement from the Pioneer Football League. Games that were previously canceled are not listed:
- Valparaiso at North Dakota (Sept. 3)
- Presbyterian at Morehead State (Sept. 3)
- Black Hills State at Drake (Sept. 3)
- Butler at South Dakota State (Sept. 5)
- San Diego at UC Davis (Sept. 5)
- Louisiana College at Stetson (Sept. 12)
- Drake at North Dakota State (Sept. 12)
- Morehead State at Montana (Sept. 19)
- San Diego at Cal Poly (Sept. 19)
- Taylor at Butler (Sept. 19)
- Drake at Dixie State (Sept. 26)
- Stetson at Presbyterian (Oct. 3)