Super Bowl 2021 features Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs taking on Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla., will host Super Bowl LV between the Chiefs and Buccaneers on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2021 at 6:30pm ET. The game will be televised by CBS.
Kansas City (14-2), the defending Super Bowl champion, advanced to Super Bowl LV after defeating the Cleveland Browns 22-17 in the Divisional Round and the Buffalo Bills 38-24 in the AFC Championship Game, both at home at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo.
Tampa Bay (11-5) made it to the big game by defeating the Washington Football Team 31-23 in the Wild-Card Round, the New Orleans Saints 30-20 in the Divisional Round, and the Green Bay Packers 31-26 in the NFC Championship Game. The Buccaneers won all three contests on the road and are the first team to make the Super Bowl as a Wild-Card since the 2010-11 Green Bay Packers.
Sunday’s game will mark Kansas City’s fourth Super Bowl appearance, which is tied for 11th among all franchises. The Chiefs have a 2-1 record in the big game and last won on February 2, 2020 over the San Francisco 49ers in Miami Gardens, Fla., 31-20, in Super Bowl LIV.
Tampa Bay will be playing in only their second Super Bowl as a franchise. The Buccaneers defeated the Oakland Raiders 48-21 in their first appearance on January 26, 2003 in Super Bowl XXXVII in San Diego, Calif.
Kansas City and Tampa Bay last met during the 2020 regular-season. The Chiefs defeated the Buccaneers 27-24 in that matchup in Tampa, but the Buccaneers still lead the overall series 7-6.
Carl Cheffers, who wears uniform number 51, is the referee for Super Bowl LV. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are a three-point favorite in the contest.
SUPER BOWL 2021
- Official Name: Super Bowl LV
- Date: Sunday, Feb. 7, 2021
- Time: 6:30pm ET
- TV: CBS
CBS TV Broadcast Crew
- Jim Nantz (play-by-play)
- Tony Romo (analyst)
- Tracy Wolfson (sideline reporter)
- Evan Washburn (sideline reporter)
- Jay Feely (sideline reporter)
- Gene Steratore (rules analyst)
Westwood One Radio Broadcast Crew
- Kevin Harlan (play-by-play)
- Kurt Warner (color commentator)
- Laura Okmin (sideline reporter)
- Tony Boselli (sideline reporter)
- Eric Church, country music singer-songwriter, and Jazmine Sullivan, R&B singer-songwriter.
- The Weeknd – Canadian singer, songwriter, and record producer.
Super Bowl LV TV Schedule
* All times Eastern.
- 1:00pm – Tony Goes to the Super Bowl
- 2:00pm – Super Bowl Today
- 6:00pm – Kickoff Show
- 6:30pm – Super Bowl LV
- Future Super Bowl Locations
- NFL Playoff Schedule
- Future Kansas City Chiefs Opponents
- Future Tampa Bay Buccaneers Opponents
Super Bowl LV logo pic.twitter.com/irpYs58Gzz
— FBSchedules.com (@FBSchedules) February 7, 2021