Welcome to the final SEC Football Predictions of the 2017 season. This final session of predictions will be a very special edition, for the National Championship 2018 is covered up in SEC teams.
Monday, January 8, 2018
National Championship 2018
#4 Alabama (12-1, At-Large) vs #3 Georgia (13-1, SEC Champions)
8:17 PM ET | ESPN | Atlanta, GA
- 0 – Games Alabama head coach Nick Saban has lost in 11 head-to-head match-ups against former assistants.
- 14 – Average margin of victory by Nick Saban teams versus teams coached by former assistants.
- Both teams will be required to perform after a very quick turnaround. This season’s national championship will be played seven days after the semifinal games because New Year’s Day falls on a Monday.
- Football is all about match-ups and Alabama has the elite talent to match up with Georgia at any position. Georgia is obviously very talented, but Alabama has the edge when comparing athletes from top to bottom of the roster.
- Georgia is coming off an emotional double-overtime comeback victory over Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. Alabama is coming off a very subpar offensive performance against Clemson while completely dominating on defense in a 24-6 Sugar Bowl win. The ‘Tide was the healthiest it’s been on the defensive side of the ball since the season opener against Florida State in the same venue.
- Will Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm be the difference in the game? Or will a quiet night of great defense, strong running game, ball control, and game-management from the quarterback be what wins? I think the latter will happen for Alabama as Nick Saban wins his sixth national championship and the ‘Tide pick up their 17th.
PREDICTION: Alabama 27, Georgia 10